Friday, September 9, 2016

Getting into the Swing of Things

This week I feel like the students and I finally got into a groove during reading rotations. Even though it was a shortened week, we really started to get our routine going. I revamped our reading rotations with a "menu" so that students now know exactly what they should be doing during each rotation according to their group.

I didn't get as many pictures taken this week as I would have liked but I guess that means I was too busy teaching :)

We had a lot of fun in our reading groups this week talking about text structures that we will see when we read nonfiction. Students practiced identifying each structure during small groups using task cards. The task cards had 3 paragraphs, each on the same topic but written in a different text structure.




In History we learned about the major rivers and water features of the United States and how each one was significant to our country's development.


We ended our week with another whiteboard activity: "Feel the Love Friday". Students got really into this activity and I loved reading all of their responses :)




I hope everyone has a great weekend and GO HOKIES!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment